Ishan G. Thakkar (CV)
Director, Ubiquitous Computing Architectures and Technologies (UCAT) Lab
Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering
215 Davis Marksbury Building
329 Rose St, Lexington, KY 40508
Office Phone: +1 (859) 323-8424
Ishan Thakkar is an Assistant Professor in the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering at the University of Kentucky, Lexington, KY. He is Director of the Ubiquitous Computing Architectures and Technologies (UCAT) Laboratory. He received his Ph.D. and M.S. in Electrical Engineering from Colorado State University (CSU), Fort Collins, CO in 2018 and 2013, respectively. During his Ph.D. studies at CSU, he was a member of the Embedded Systems and High Performance Computing (EPiC) Laboratory. He joined the University of Kentucky (UK) in 2018. His research broadly focuses on the design and optimization of advanced architectures and technologies for energy-efficient, reliable, and secure computing, for a wide scope of platforms including embedded systems, internet-of-things (IoT), and high-performance computing systems.
He is the recipient of the best paper award from IEEE/ACM SLIP 2016 workshop, a best paper nomination from the IEEE ISQED 2016 conference, and a best paper nomination from the IEEE TMSCS journal in 2017, for his research contributions. He has served as an Organizing Committee Member of the 2017 IEEE International Green and Sustainable Computing (IGSC) conference and the 2019 IEEE/ACM International Symposium on Networks-on-Chip (NOCS) conference. He is also in the Technical Program Committee of several international conferences such as IEEE IGSC conference, IEEE EVLSID conference, IEEE/ACM NOCS, IEEE/ACM CODES+ISSS conference, IEEE MCSoC conference, and IEEE/ACM DAC. He has served as a reviewer for many journals, including IEEE TVLSI, IEEE TCAD, IEEE TMSCS, ACM TECS, ACM JETC, Elsevier JPDC.
- February 2020: A paper on approximate photonic NoCs accepted at ACM GLSVLSI 2020!
- February 2020: Praneeth and Sairam's paper on silicon-on-sapphire (SOS) photonic interconnects accepted at ACM GLSVLSI 2020!
- January 2020: I serve as the Web Chair of IEEE/ACM NOCS 2020.
- December 2019: I serve in the TPC of ACM GLSVLSI 2020.
- October 2019: I am invited to serve in the TPC of IEEE/ACM DAC 2020.
- September 2019: Praneeth, Chao-Hsuan, and Supreeth received travel awards to present their research at ESWEEK 2019. Congratulations!
- August 2019: Sairam Sri Vatsavai joined UCAT Lab for his MS + PhD. Welcome!
- July 2019: Praneeth and Supreeth's papers accepted at IEEE/ACM CODES+ISSS 2019!
- July 2019: Chao-Hsuan's paper accepted at IEEE/ACM CASES 2019!
- July 2019: I am co-organizing a workshop on Computing with Unconventional Technologies at IEEE IGSCC 2019, Alexandria, VA, USA.
To submit your paper, visit the workshop webpage here.
- June 2019: I serve in the TPC of IEEE IGSCC 2019.
- May 2019: Supreeth Mysore Shivanandamurthy (co-advisor: Sayed Ahmad Salehi) joined UCAT Lab for his PhD. Welcome!
- March 2019: I serve in the TPC of IEEE MCSoC 2019.
- February 2019: I serve in the TPC of IEEE/ACM NOCS 2019.
- February 2019: I serve as the Web Chair of IEEE/ACM NOCS 2019.
- January 2019: Sai Praneeth Karempudi joined UCAT Lab for his PhD. Welcome!
- January 2019: I serve in the TPC of IEEE/ACM CODES+ISSS 2019.
- December 2018: Chao-Hsuan Huang joined UCAT Lab as an MS student. Welcome!
- October 2018: I deliver an invited talk on the Effects of Aging in Silicon Photonic Interconnects at IEEE IGSC 2018.
- September 2018: I serve in the TPC of IEEE EVLSID 2019.
- August 2018: I serve in the TPC of IEEE IGSC 2018.
- August 2018: I joined the ECE Department of UK!