Ishan G. Thakkar (CV)
Director, Ubiquitous Computing Architectures and Technologies (UCAT) Lab
Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering
215 Davis Marksbury Building
329 Rose St, Lexington, KY 40508
Office Phone: +1 (859) 323-8424
Ishan Thakkar is an Assistant Professor in the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering at the University of Kentucky, Lexington, KY. He is Director of the Ubiquitous Computing Architectures and Technologies (UCAT) Laboratory. He received his Ph.D. and M.S. in Electrical Engineering from Colorado State University (CSU), Fort Collins, CO in 2018 and 2013, respectively. During his Ph.D. studies at CSU, he was a member of the Embedded Systems and High Performance Computing (EPiC) Laboratory. He joined the University of Kentucky (UK) in 2018. His research broadly focuses on the design and optimization of advanced architectures and technologies for energy-efficient, reliable, and secure computing, for a wide scope of platforms including embedded systems, internet-of-things (IoT), and high-performance computing systems.
He is the recipient of the best paper award from IEEE/ACM SLIP 2016 workshop, a best paper nomination from the IEEE ISQED 2016 conference, and a best paper nomination from the IEEE TMSCS journal in 2015, for his research contributions. He has served as an Organizing Committee Member of the 2017 IEEE International Green and Sustainable Computing (IGSC) conference, 2019 IEEE/ACM International Symposium on Networks-on-Chip (NOCS), 2020 IEEE/ACM International Symposium on Networks-on-Chip (NOCS), and 2020 IEEE/ACM International Workshop on Network on Chip Architectures. He is also in the Technical Program Committee of several international conferences such as IEEE IGSC conference, IEEE EVLSID conference, IEEE/ACM NOCS, IEEE/ACM CODES+ISSS conference, IEEE MCSoC conference, ACM GLSVLSI, and IEEE/ACM DAC. He has served as a reviewer for many journals, including IEEE TC, IEEE TVLSI, IEEE TCAD, IEEE TMSCS, ACM TECS, ACM JETC, Elsevier JPDC.
- September 2020: Our paper on approximate photonic NoCs wins Best Paper Award Honorable Selection at ACM GLSVLSI 2020!
- September, 2020: I serve on the Organizing Committee of IEEE/ACM NoCArc 2020 as a Panel Co-Chair.
- August, 2020: Our paper on approximate photonic NoCs wins a Best Paper Award Nomination at ACM GLSVLSI 2020! The winner will be decided in September at the conference.
- August, 2020: Chao-Hsuan's paper on monolithic-3D (M3D) DRAM architecture accepted at IEEE ICCD 2020!
- August, 2020: Sairam's paper on photonic NoC hardware security accepted in IEEE TCAD journal!
- July, 2020: I serve on the TPC of IEEE IGSC 2020.
- July 2020: Sairam and Praneeth's paper on self-adaptive photonic NoCs accepetd at IEEE/ACM NOCS 2020!
- June, 2020: I am invited to organize the Workshop on Computing with Unconventional Technologies at IEEE IGSC 2020.
- June, 2020: I serve on the TPC of IEEE/ACM NOCS 2020.
- May 2020: I serve on the TPC of ACM SIGDA / IEEE CEDA DAC PhD Forum 2020.
- April 2020: Bobby Bose joined UCAT Lab. Welcome!
- April 2020: I serve on the TPC of IEEE/ACM CODES+ISSS 2020.
- March 2020: Praneeth passed his PhD written qualifier. Congratulations!
- February 2020: A paper on approximate photonic NoCs accepted at ACM GLSVLSI 2020!
- February 2020: Praneeth and Sairam's paper on silicon-on-sapphire (SOS) photonic interconnects accepted at ACM GLSVLSI 2020!
- January 2020: I serve as the Web Chair of IEEE/ACM NOCS 2020.
- December 2019: I serve on the TPC of ACM GLSVLSI 2020.
- October 2019: I am invited to serve on the TPC of IEEE/ACM DAC 2020.
- September 2019: Praneeth, Chao-Hsuan, and Supreeth received travel awards to present their research at ESWEEK 2019. Congratulations!